- Natural Hair Books
- Wavy, Curly, Kinky by Deborah Lilly
Wavy, Curly, Kinky by Deborah Lilly
Now taking care of your child's hair can be fun, easy, and trouble-free! In Wavy, Curly, Kinky, renowned stylist Deborah Lilly shows parents the best ways to style and maintain African American boys' and girls' hair from infancy to the preteen years. She presents clear, easy-to-follow hair care guidelines for the three different types of African American hair and gives you expert recommendations for the best products and techniques for each hair type.
Featuring step-by-step instructions, photographs, illustrations, and a helpful question-and-answer section, this comprehensive, user-friendly guide shows you how to:
- Determine your child's hair texture
- Get up to speed on hair care basics from washing to combing to braiding
- Press, relax, or texturize hair
- Weigh the pros and cons of cutting your child's hair
- Train, nurture, and manage problem hair
Keep your child's hair healthy and looking great with Wavy, Curly, Kinky--and transform hair care time from a chore to a fun, bonding experience for both you and your child!